Suggesting edits for TuckDB

This thread is where you can suggest any edits that you feel should be made to items on our database.
Some examples of this would include:

• You have found an earliest first use of the card than we have listed on the website
  • General spelling errors or typos
  • Additional information about the item that we do not have listed (price, artist, where sold, first use, etc.)

If you have a card that is not listed at all, you can upload images of it here

Hello,

Please find the international version of the 995 SILHOUETTE POSTCARD SERIES GOING SHRIMPING circulated in september 1903 (no caption in this version) www.cartophilie.be Afficher Carte Postale Silhouettes de femme au filet de pêche à la plage

best regards

Thank you!

There’s quite a few differences on the back as well, which is interesting. I’ve uploaded it alongside this set for now

I think this postcard was posted earlier than the archive listing suggests.
Postmark is March 1903. Hope this is useful.

@edendasilva have you looked at this upload?

looks like Alison beat me to it! The date has been changed for that set

Hi
I’m just researching cards from an old postcard album I have bought. The cards are all 1902-1905 bought/sent to a keen collector in Halifax, England.
I’ve found 1025 ‘Bridge over stream…trees’ with an undivided back, which suggests an earlier publication date than your previous record?

Kind regards
Nichola

Hi
This card - ‘A Rough Night at Whitby’ from ‘Rough Sea’ series 149 is missing a picture on your database - I have attached my copy:

Regards
Nichola

Here is Series 826 - REMBRANDESQUE art reproductions - card title ‘On Guard’ with an earlier posting date than first use date on the database.

Kind regards
Nichola

This card is from the Rural England Series - 3667: A rustic cottage in Sussex. Postmark is 1903, with blue-green halfpenny stamp, rather than date given on database (1906).

Hope this is all useful?
Kind regards
Nichola

Hi!!

Hope that I do this right, in that it is my first correspondence with you guys.

There is a typo on THANKSGIVING SERIES 101 postcard

First line that the Data Base typed states: I SENT and not SEND as is printed on the card.

Will also have some EARLIER DATE usages to share at another time. Is there a specific place for those corrections - and how do I attach photos of such?

Thanks,

Kathy

PS - I REALLY LOVE your site and have been researching some of my TUCK cards that I sell there for years and am finally getting around to be able to contribute and hopefully be a benefit to the site.

Hi thanks for your interest in the Tuck website. I am just away from home for a week or so and don’t have good internet. I will deal with any entries or changes when I get back home. Alison

Hi,
I think some of the postcards of a village called Barningham have been mis-labelled as showing Barningham in Yorkshire. They may be pictures of Barningham in Suffolk, near Bury St Edmunds.
The cards in question are BRGM4, 5, 6, and 7. BRGM2 shows a church interior - I don’t know which Barningham that is from.
I have found your website very interesting and useful - thankyou for a great resource.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed images and data on this topic!

To make it easier for Alison and myself to upload these submissions I’m going to close this topic to further comments, but please don’t stop contributing.

To contribute start a new topic and we’ll handle requests one at a time:

Thanks, Justin.