Contributing images to TuckDB

THE AQUARIUM AND PALACE PIER

, Brighton, series 5917

Hi-Many thanks, I have updated to the database. Alison

Hi-Many thanks, I have updated to the database. Alison

Thanks I have added both, Alison

This card has no number, but appears to be from the Artistic Series. The artist is Jessie Chase and depicts Ightham. I was unable to find any similar cards in your DB. The verse is by Eden Hooper. The size is 5.25"H x 4"W.

These two small cards are not numbered. The one with the Easter greeting carries an ARTIST SER logo, while the one with a Christmas greeting has a PRIZE EXHIBITION SERIES logo. I can’t find either card individually listed in your DB, but both are incorporated (with different greetings) into a fancy QV fringed, easel back, satin padded Easter card. Each one measures 4.375"H x 3.125"W. I don’t see an artist signature on either.

Here are two more unnumbered Rebecca Coleman Angel Head cards that don’t yet appear in your DB. Both are marked as “PRIZE DESIGN”. The first carries a verse by Fannie Rochat and the second has one by Eden Hooper. Both measure 5.375"H x 4.625"W.

EDIT: It seems that new posts are limited again, so I’ll just tack this onto yesterday’s post.

These two unnumbered Rebecca Coleman Angel Head cards feature a different angel, but are otherwise similar to the two that I posted yesterday. Both are also marked as “PRIZE DESIGN”. The authors of the verses are just identified by initials. Both cards measure 5.375"H x 4.625"W.

Hi,

This card appears to be new:

Isle of Man Multiscene

Kirkbraddan/Harris Promenade/Ramsey Promenade/Loch Promenade

Isle of Man Series 1626

I’m concerned the images haven’t uploaded correctly. Fingers crossed and all that…

Many thanks, I have added. The images came through just fine. Alison

Thank you Alison, much appreciated.

These four Angel Head cards are somewhat smaller than the ones I posted last week, measuring 4.375"H x 3.75"W. All are unnumbered but belong to the Prize Painter series, although Rebecca Coleman is not actually identified as the painter who received the prize, which of course she was. The last two have the same caption on the front but different verses on the back. All four of the verses are attributed to Eden Hooper.

Thanks for all the images @ColinTheLibrarian.

I’m guessing that your snapping a quick photo with your smart phone.

There are some apps that can automatically crop and fix the perspective of the images as you scan them like:

Also the Dropbox app can scan images like that as well.

Thanks, Justin.

I think I’ve finally finished rooting through my binders and have uploaded all the Tuck cards I have that I couldn’t find in your DB. However, since I still don’t have any confirmation that the three cards I emailed to @amilling8 in February were ever received, I’ll go ahead and post them here, just to wrap things up and ensure that you have them available whenever you eventually get the time to update the Ephemera stuff.

The first is a Mizpah Series 158 card measuring approximately 5.875"H x 4.375"W. I did see a “The Holy Land” book in your DB with W J Webb illustrations that appear similar to this card.

The second is a nice W J Wiegand Christmas card that actually does fit into one of your sets, Artistic Y Series 392. By my reckoning, it measures 3.75"H x 5.625"W.

And the last card is another W J Wiegand Christmas card that uses the same design as one of the Y Series 392 cards, but with a very subdued palette. I couldn’t find any similar cards in your DB. It measures approximately 4.5"H x 6.5"W, and states that it was "Published Sept. 1st, 1884, by Raphael Tuck & Sons, Fine Art Publishers. It carries number “1564” at the lower left corner. A tiny, tiny Tuck easel logo resides at the lower right corner, while the back is completely blank.

And that, as they say, is that. At least until my next acquisition!

Hi-Many thanks for all your entries. I appreciate the time and effort you have given to share this info. When I get set places to enter these cards organized I will enter them all into their respective spots. Take care, Alison

I don’t know if I’m doing this right but I have this but I cannot find it anywhere. Do you know anything about it?

The back reads RTS Artistic Series 2193. I tried to post it but im only allowed to post one photo.

Thanks!

CarolEdie

Hi many thanks for your image. It seems to be a new card for the database. If you could send an image of the back I will enter it. Alison

Here you go! Thank you!

Hi-Many thanks, i have added this to the database under the number, Alison

I’ve just acquired a couple more Tuck greeting cards that don’t seem to be in your DB, so here are a few more images to add to your backlog. :wink:

Both cards are marked as “ARTISTIC SERIES 2366”, but certainly appear to be completely different from a “2366” series already in your DB. The artist for both is Harry Payne and both measure 5.875"H x 4"W.

The first is captioned “A merry Christmas to you.” and titled “17th (Duke of Cambridge’s own) Lancers.”.

The second is captioned “With best New Year wishes.” and titled “11th (Prince Albert’s own) Hussars.”.

Happy Canada Day,
Jeff

And here are a couple more that are actually slight variations of cards that I originally posted back in April.

This first one appears to have an identical design and text as this one from Apr 19. The design on the back is also the same, but the verse is completely different. The size is the same.

This second one has the same design on the front as this one that I posted on Apr 28, but with a different caption. It also carries a different Tuck easel logo on the back, this new one being “LONDON REGISTERED”. Again, the size is identical to the previously posted card.