Contributing images to TuckDB

Thank you both. The letters and number at the bottom of the main image are: ST P.P.3.

With best wishes, Colin.

@amilling8,
You never let me know if you received the images of the 3 cards I emailed you back in February, so I figured I’d best go back to posting here. But then my “new user” status kept me from doing that…for over two months! However, this evening I was magically promoted just for hanging out here for longer than usual. :grinning:

Anyway, here’s the first of several that I’ve been unable to find in the DB. It’s about 4.375" square, although with a diamond orientation, so I’ve scanned it that way.

I’ve also got a similar one with daffodils, that I can post tomorrow, if you want it.

Hi-I am not sure if this has a number. I only have the numbered cards listed so far. Sorry but I can’t add right now if there is no number. Also I would like the details on the trademark ie London registered or Prizes design or artistic series. If this has no number then the trademark info is how I will probably put them into sets. I can’t enlarge well enough to see the details. sorry but I can’t keep up. If for sale I could purchase. Alison

Hi-Many thanks for the info on the Tuck card. It seems to be a set new to the database. I have added the info as best I can and uploaded the images and given credit to you. Many thanks in your interest and in finding a new set. If you have any others, please let me know. Alison

Hi @amilling8 ,

It does not appear to have a number and the trademark only seems to have the generic “ARTISTIC SERIES”. Here’s a similar card (also about 4.375" square) which I think has a bit less glue residue in the trademark area making it somewhat more legible.

There’s certainly no urgency in adding them to your DB. I just want to get these images into your hands so you can have them available to add at your convenience.

However, the 3 cards I sent you by email in February do all have numbers, so that’s why I keep asking if you received them okay. Sometimes emails with large attachments just vanish. If you didn’t get them, I can post them here now.

The cards I post here aren’t for sale. Although I’m not specifically a Tuck collector, I’ve acquired these cards to supplement my Arbuckle Coffee Victorian trade card collection and web site, when I find that Tuck and Arbuckle used the same design.

Jeff

Here’s a card that appears to belong to your D327 dogs set. Size is approximately 5.25"H x 4.25"W. The hard-to-read text on the front is "“With the SEASON’S GREETINGS.”.

Jeff

Thank you Alison, that’s great. Noting the images used are uneven I’m very happy to send better copies - let me know.

I don’t have others to hand but handle many thousands of cards annually and will be in touch if I find more unique examples.

Here are two postcards with slight variations from the ones already in your DB. The trademark line at the left edge and the series/number designation at the bottom left are both worded differently. The backs of these cards appear to be the same as yours, so I’m just posting the fronts.

The first corresponds to your grey finch with red/brown tail faces away, looks right.
The second corresponds to your two multicoloured finches face away, look at each other.

My contribution today is identified as belonging to ARTISTIC SERIES 2162. However, it doesn’t appear to be a part of the Artistic Series 2162 “romantic couples” set already in your DB. That one has entirely different subject matter and the fancy easel with cherubs trademark, whereas this one just has the simpler easel trademark. I could not find any comparable set for this card in your DB.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention, the size is 3.75"H x 5"W

1 Like

This card is captioned “Gate of St. John’s Hospital, Canterbury” and belongs to ARTISTIC SERIES 2448. You have 3 other cards from the series in your DB as SET: Canterbury. The artist is L. H. WHITE and the card’s size is 4"H x 5.875"W.

Here’s one of the Rebecca Coleman Angel Head cards from the “Prize Design” category. It’s not numbered. I can find very few similar cards in your DB but I’m guessing that, since these Angel Head cards seem to have been quite popular, and there are many varieties, you may already have quite a few of these that simply haven’t found their way into the DB yet. Therefore, it’s very possible that this one, and others I’ll eventually get around to posting, may duplicate ones you already have. I figure, though, that I may as well just post them and, if there’s an overlap with yours, no harm done. Just ignore mine when you eventually get around to adding them to the DB.

This card is approximately 5.375"H x 4.625"W

EDIT: Apparently, I now can’t add any additional posts, so I’ll simply tack the following onto my most recent one.

This card belongs to Artistic Series 2275. You have another card in your DB, identified as WIVELSFIELD, SUSSEX, that appears to belong to the same series. However, since you don’t appear to have the back of that card, the series number isn’t identified. The “set” is just listed as “winter scenes”. This scene on my card is identified as “Cuckfield, Sussex”. The size is 3.625"H x 6.25"W.

This Christmas card belongs to Artistic Series 6174, which I can’t currently find in your DB. I don’t see an artist’s signature, but the verse on the back is by M. R. Jarvis. The front appears to have once carried a substantial amount of glitter. The size is approximately 3.375"H x 4.75"W.

Hi, Here are some images missing from the database. Regards Mark.
North Sea Fishing Series 8154

THE AVENUE WILTON LODGE PARK, HAWICK series 8051

THE AQUARIUM AND PALACE PIER

, Brighton, series 5917

Hi-Many thanks, I have updated to the database. Alison

Hi-Many thanks, I have updated to the database. Alison

Thanks I have added both, Alison

This card has no number, but appears to be from the Artistic Series. The artist is Jessie Chase and depicts Ightham. I was unable to find any similar cards in your DB. The verse is by Eden Hooper. The size is 5.25"H x 4"W.

These two small cards are not numbered. The one with the Easter greeting carries an ARTIST SER logo, while the one with a Christmas greeting has a PRIZE EXHIBITION SERIES logo. I can’t find either card individually listed in your DB, but both are incorporated (with different greetings) into a fancy QV fringed, easel back, satin padded Easter card. Each one measures 4.375"H x 3.125"W. I don’t see an artist signature on either.