Contributing images to TuckDB

And here are a couple more that are actually slight variations of cards that I originally posted back in April.

This first one appears to have an identical design and text as this one from Apr 19. The design on the back is also the same, but the verse is completely different. The size is the same.

This second one has the same design on the front as this one that I posted on Apr 28, but with a different caption. It also carries a different Tuck easel logo on the back, this new one being “LONDON REGISTERED”. Again, the size is identical to the previously posted card.

@jrbuck99 thanks again for those images, I’ll let @amilling8 handle them, I’m not sure how to file greeting cards.

Hello
I couldn’t find this Tuck Xmas card in the database, although I may have missed it. I’d like to contribute the images. Also, I wonder why a Queen Alexandra is mentioned on the back.
The message reads "A Happy Christmas to you. A merry Christmas to you - May it bring you oceans more Of new pleasures and new treasures Than it ever brought before. H. M. Burnside

As a new member I see I had to remove all but one image. Too bad.

I see I’ve been upgraded. I’ll try and upload the remaining images.

20210822_174138
20210822_174224

This card is listed on the database as ‘Girl in blue dress’, card code 1139, with no image. Please see photos below, posted in August 1903:

Kind Regards
Nichola

Hi This was among my great Aunt’s possessions I haven’t been able to figure out a title for it

This postcard is Series 799 Norwich, listed as first use 1905, the one below is posted in October 1903:

Kind Regards
Nichola

Hi Many thanks for your interest in the Tuck websites. I am away for a week or so and will deal with new entries or changes when I get home as the internet is poor. Alison

Hi Thanks for your interest in the website databases. I am currently away from home with limited internet so will respond in a week or so with any help I can give. Alison

Here is the missing image for Tuck # 1035 Prince Edward Island. Schools of Charlottetown:

Screen Shot 09-17-21 at 07.31 PM

@htholman Thanks for the missing card, I’ve uploaded the image here:

https://tuckdbpostcards.org/items/105556

Do you by chance have an image of the back?

1 Here is the Charlottetown Schools back as requested

1. I also have front and back images of three other missing cards but receive a message saying new users are permitted to upload only one image. Do you want the others? If so, how do I upload multiple images?

2. I believe there is an error in the listing of the 1023 series. It indicates a card with the title “A Farm Home, Sunnyside.” This listing combines the titles of two other cards in the series, both of which are shown in the listing and are correctly identified. Sunnyside is a street title in Charlottetown and would not be used with a farm home name. . However this would give a total of 17 cards in the series which is an unusual number. I believe there is an 18th card but not with the Farm Home Sunnyside title.

@htholman Thanks again for that back of the card it’s uploaded.

Also thanks for letting me know about the 1 image upload, limit. Your account is upgraded and all new users can now upload more than 1 image ( I guess that’s a default setting to avoid spam ).

Do you have an image for the 1023 “A Farm Home, Sunnyside”? I haven’t edited it yet.

1. Here are the additional three images, front and back

2. As regards the Farm, Sunnyside card I do not have an image as I believe this is a phantom card which has a name conflated from two other cards, possibly as an error by the original compiler of the list. I will go back to the Toronto Postcard Club list to see if I can identify the problem.

@htholman Thanks for all those images, I’ve uploaded them here:

https://tuckdbpostcards.org/items/27400
https://tuckdbpostcards.org/items/100969
https://tuckdbpostcards.org/items/100959

Thanks to everyone who has contributed images and data on this topic!

To make it easier for Alison and myself to upload these submissions I’m going to close this topic to further comments, but please don’t stop contributing.

To contribute start a new topic and we’ll handle requests one at a time:

Thanks, Justin.

3 posts were split to a new topic: The ladscape set and a number of 262